« Home | When the herd thinks its smart » | Priorities in Life !! » | Eureka!! Eureka!! » | Real life Illusions » | Blindness 2020 » | Is God having fun? » | Take me as I am » | India - Hip, Hop and We'll Rock » | Great One Liners » | ? » 

Sunday, September 24, 2006 

Appendix to Crap


Until my venture into blogging,I had seriously under estimated my caliber to create, process and output crap.I always wanted to be very sensible in what i do and i truly acknowledge that sensibility is very relative. A chum of mine used to call me up and ask me, as to how i could crap so much in my blog whereas he had to slog the entire week in work. The funny part is that work seems to be coming at him incessantly. I ended up only in an inevitable question, as to how people read, write and discuss crap?

I watched the movie Vetaiyadu Villaiyadu for the second time last week; it was only out of my penchant for Kamal Hassan, although the film would only find three and an half stars in my rating. It is an investigative story where our hero unravels the "mystery" of two psychopath killers who are on a killing spree, right from their adolescence. They murder and only murder, for a change, the modus operandi was more explicitly shown, compared to the earlier psycho thrillers seen by the Tamil audience.

When i saw it the first time, i felt the movie was stretched a little too much in the second half. The identity of the psycho killers is disentangled just 10 minutes after the intermission. There is a bloody tryst with the hero and one of the killer briefs us, as to how they muttoned and chickened people during the course of their journey. Guess what, we had to wait for another hour for them to be captured and be given an equally admirable departure from mother earth.

By Hollywood standards, the movie should not have prolonged for more than 25 min once their identity was revealed. This movie had to be filled with a cop romance and a spicy number in the remaining reels to keep them glued to their seats. Had the movie been tailored of the fillers, it would have been a better psycho thriller, which we don't get to see that often in Indian cinemas.

When i watched it the second time, there was no excitement in knowing the mystery but i started to get into the screenplay. I just waived off the fillers in my mind, know what, the impact was very intense. It would easily affect a vulnerable mind (Only one in a million becomes a psycho killer) and now i got the importance of the crap in between. I am not saying that romance is needed to dissuade the violent stir in the mind. I just got to understand that the may be the audience are not mature enough to leave the impact when they leave the cinema halls. May be that is the reason we don't get to see Desperado or Basic Instinct type movies in Indian Cinema. I am encouraged that bollywood movies are catching up with vigor.

May be, this was a specific case where crap was essential, i started to rewind the crapy things i have done in my Life. Believe me or not, when i used to be in my teens, i would watch cricket, be it local/ domestic/ international of both one day/test format played between any two countries. I used to ponder, had i spend that time preparing for IIT-JEE or in any reading books of interest or learning an art, i would have been a better individual now.

Nothing has changed now, only the means has changed, we have a session called "Chaya Bench" with some of my fellow colleagues in my company where we take no shame to kill time, to amuse ourselves of even non-intellectual/ insensible discussions. We give all names to it "de-stress ourselves amidst work”. I have started reading very weird topics, all in the name of, thirst to seek answers for my questions

When i walk through Landmark now, i really wonder as to how people have the bent to gulp volumes of self help books when the truth is that nobody can teach us to live life rather than ourselves. The local lingual papers publish such crap when there are so many burning social issues, when we think about in our right senses; it’s hard to resist a dream of kicking the editor. Some times it amazes me as to how govt takes the honor of setting up liquor shops instead of banning them all together. Why at all we need social workers?.How do people have the patience to watch illogical movies?

Am i trying to act too smart in suggesting that most people are insensible and they have no lucid thinking?. I would have succeeded if gave you had a glimpse of it at least once during the time you read this, if you didn't i have succeeded even then.

I badly want to give conclusions, analyze the behavior of people, get to the roots of why crap is necessary for life. I want to write another crapy article about it. I suddenly felt i should not burden the reader anymore.

I'll just say this. As long as we are humans we cannot resist thoughts, actions and deeds. Everybody goes through different stages in life. There is as such nothing-called sensibility and absurd. It is very contextual and subject to judgment.An idle mind is devil's workshop.

I 'ill seek the help of Pareto's 20-80 principle this time
The Pareto principle (also known as the 80-20 rule, the law of the vital few and the principle of factor sparsity) states that for many phenomena, 80% of the consequences stem from 20% of the causes

In order to live free and happily you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice
-Richard Bach

From what i can imagine on reading this post of yours ( I prefer calling it post) i can think what its sequel will be like.

Since you have clalimed to be bent on trying to figure out things about people, you would have an idea of what your sequel to this post should be and i expect you to live upto my expectations.......

yea paddy i want to give my first impressions abt why people do craphy things in their context. I have not figured out the sequel this post, i thought i need some more time to write another post on the concept of crapping :)

now whats all this crap abt? some overtime on the chaya bench? :)

To crap is to create and to think over it is to evolve :)

Post a Comment

World as I Think is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health