« Home | Take me as I am » | India - Hip, Hop and We'll Rock » | Great One Liners » | ? » | Prison of Memory » | Beyond the Limits  » | Could be, I could mind travel !! » | Timing my travel to the past !! » | Intellectual Orgasm!!! » | Be a Rebel..Rebel..Rebel » 

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 

Is God having fun?

I am going to go on a rampage with more than a bundle of questions about this concept of God. Every human mind has some conception about God, which could have been embraced voluntarily or would have been an involuntary outcome based on the individual's conditioning to customs and practices.

The world is made of about 6.4 billion people who follow different beliefs. I am not going to take the principles of individual religions and use my sagacity to question them. I am giving a try to question the DNA of God. It’s still a riddle to me, with such naiveness, I am not going to give suggestions or answers; I would prefer to stop with questions.

This was the statistics which I picked from Wiki about the number of adherents to the major approaches; Christianity (2.1 bn), Islam (1.3 bn), Secular/ Atheist/ Irreligious/ Agnostic/ Nontheist (1.1 bn), Hinduism (900 mn), Buddhism (708 mn), Chinese folk religion (394 mn).We have approaches like Sikhism, Judaism , Jainism, Shinto, Zoroastrianism, Neo-Paganism and others which have a sizeable following.

I would start with the role of God in our daily lives; I really want to know if God really controls our actions.If yes, does that mean that we are merely programmed to enact his script. If yes, then why should I bear all the pain and misery for his sadist pleasures? If No, if he does not control our actions why at all should I pray to him to for my life.

If I am getting pain because of my sins, why doesn’t he program us from committing it instead of giving leeway to desires?. If he is all powerful, can't he do this simple task which a humanly programmer can do?. If he is also learning, does that mean he is not perfect as well. If he is not perfect, how can his creation be perfect?. Who is to be blamed for this jugglery due to incompetence? .Why should we suffer for his mockery?. Am I such an insane psycho to say that I don't have any pain when I really feel it?.

Is God good or bad? If he is good, why did he create all bad creatures as well when he is so powerful?. Why did he create all things in duality?. If he did not create the negative balances, what was he doing when it was created, when he knew that it would harm his creations? If he did not know them, should we suspect his abilities?.

If God is love, then what the heck is he doing when so many people kill each other in the name of religion, leave alone politics and wealth?. Why doesn't he come in public and identify himself with a particular approach and solve the dilemma. If at all he belonged to a particular approach, why did he allow so many approaches to sprout only to end in conflict?. Is he going to wait till there is a sizeable bloodshed; I am pushed to believe he is no better. If he thinks that non-believers are to be punished, then where is the concept of love? .If he discriminates people by their belief, doesn't he have universal love, Is he humanly as well?

If he gets only to people who approach him, is he biased? If he is biased, then how can he lovable or indiscriminate?. If he is biased, what is the difference between human and God? Is he male or female? Is he black, white or brown? Is he short or tall? What language does he speak? What is the sacred book which I should read to reach him? What is the customs which I should diligently follow to reach him? Which place should I go to worship him?


What fun does he have by playing games with us?

God is love. God is more merciful than any human being you know in this cruel wrold.He doesnt discriminate like humans. He is the only one to hold you when none in the world is there for you.

If he is so merciful why does'nt he help or prevent cruelness in this world.Does'nt understand that prevention is better than cure?.Why does'nt he create a world where we need not be alone at any point in time?.

The answer to this question lies in the manner a civilization evolves.... GOD is an Intangible that is tagged for various consequences in various civilizations.. note the word CIVILIZATIOn not religion.....

Do you think that if you do not pray to God, you are going to be pounished or if you pray, you are going to be benefited??

The anonymous person, who was the first person to comment has identifieda facet of what this Intangible entity is rather than the original....

Read "The Story of Philosophy"... you will get clarity on how the concept of GOD itself evolved... Like you said, i cannot coment.... and like Morpheus said in Matric" Unfortunately no one can be told what matrix is".....

Paddy, it's lke somebody spoke for me..I tried writing like an novice and i admit i am still one exploring the intangible..

very true God is what we mould ..it is how we want to tag the intangible..

I 'll give a shot a the story of philosphy when i get some time

I am very serious when it comes to God..The questions were absolutely basic and i don't mind if Bhagavat Gita need to rewritten.

You said that we would appreciate GOOD only when there is bad..Now the all important question why should i appreciate GOOD?

If negative numbers create the problems why do we need to invent them at all

you can peep into my other crap as well

http://worldasithink.blogspot.com/2006/07/matrix-vedanta-reloadedshort-ver.html

http://worldasithink.blogspot.com/2006/07/why-people-believe-unknown.html

http://worldasithink.blogspot.com/2006/07/spank-god-if-you-meet-him.html

http://worldasithink.blogspot.com/2006/06/why-i-didnt-want-jesus-to-be-crucified.html
http://worldasithink.blogspot.com/2006/06/sex-and-god.html

Post a Comment

World as I Think is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health