« Home | Blindness 2020 » | Is God having fun? » | Take me as I am » | India - Hip, Hop and We'll Rock » | Great One Liners » | ? » | Prison of Memory » | Beyond the Limits  » | Could be, I could mind travel !! » | Timing my travel to the past !! » 

Monday, September 11, 2006 

Real life Illusions


For the past 9 months, I have been passing via Panagal Park circle near my office, which leads to four roads. There is this road which leads to Pondy bazzar, its quite tricky to take a left turn, given the voluminous herd of traffic wanting to get into that road. It quite a risk to the pedestrians who try to cross the road on an illusionary zebra crossing.

There is a feeble blind spot good enough to hinder the vision to defeat the braking instinct if a motorist encounters a crazy pedestrian out there. I have been a victim to the vocabulary of the motorist and i have seen quite a number of people stranded in the road to an unexpected vehicle.

Every one another day as i walk through that corner, I would see a pack of crumbed vehicles and I’ll swear the Chennai traffic police blurting out unparliamentarily language about their negligence and inefficiency. Infact there is a traffic police station right at the edge of the road; I would think how immune these people have become to accidents instead of taking steps to avoid them by providing proper barricades.

It was not until last week i realized this, it is not that the corner is accident-prone; the vehicles which were crumbled in an accident in an area under the jurisdiction of the traffic police station were parked there.

Yet another incident, I gave my level-II CFA examinations last June and i knew that i would not get through for sure as i was totally under prepared for the examination. I told my friends i would flunk for sure after i gave my exams, nobody took it seriously given my track record in academics and the cribbing i gave after my previous exams and still managed to scape through. I did flunk the L2 exam and it was a surprise for quite number of them even though i never expected to pass. Some people thought that i was bluffing to mitigate treats.

I really wonder how we are caught in illusions everyday; we tend to give meaning to events based on our limited field of experience. Sometimes we are pre occupied with perceptions about the observed. There are occasions when we give meaning to something based on a predetermined conclusion to meet our conditioning. There are occasions when we distort the meaning to meet an illusionary image.

I would not deny illusions, may be we should strive to overcome them by increasing the field of experience and unconditioning us.

Remember the matrix is an illusion :)

Post a Comment

World as I Think is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health