« Home | Inspired by Jackal » | Not again !!! » | Trying to define » | When its a dead end » | Appendix to Crap » | When the herd thinks its smart » | Priorities in Life !! » | Eureka!! Eureka!! » | Real life Illusions » | Blindness 2020 » 

Monday, October 09, 2006 

Inventing God


I can’t resist rambling about God; it’s one of my favorite topics.

Being addicted to statistics, I understand that the sole purpose of an experiment is to infer the results to scrutinize a hypothesis. Let me put a valiant and omnipresent hypothesis

Ho:(Null Hypothesis)
God is fair and unbiased

Let me take the example of students writing examinations. Having been a student myself, this is what happens when we have gone through a tough examination. We always try to blame on the toughness of the question paper rather than taking onus for not preparing well.

I know people who spent time to track the question paper leaks, study only particular topics based on previous year question papers, imitate the answer sheet of the student before him, string the textbooks in their body instead of preparing for the examination which is more relevant.

I have even tried to bribe god with offerings, if he gives him me an easy question paper which contains questions which could be answered by the level of preparation. I feel that luck is an illusionary payoff for the underestimation of the system or the lack of the ability to appreciate chance.

Lets take the scenario of different students

A) Student is well prepared and seeks the help of God
B) Student is under prepared and seeks the help of God
c) Student is well prepared and doesn't seek the help of God
D) Student is under prepared and doesn't seek the help of God

Suppose all the students write the exam and God helps out the person who is under prepared/help seeker. Suppose the candidate scores more than the person who is under prepared and doesn't seek the help of God. If that happens there is no doubt that God is being unfair and biased, I guess we agree that he is not that.

God is unconditional as per our null hypotheisis. It is the same case, if God tries to help the well prepared/help seeker. Now, if God tries to be merciful and helps the under prepared student, he would become biased w.r.t other creation which he created as well. There is a negative incentive to prepare now.

Now, why do we need to seek the help of god when he would be unbiased? .I’ll take the help of the student who is under prepared and seeks the help of God. The students feel that there is more probability that he would end up in low scores, if the examination turns out to be far harder than his level of preparation. There is a tendency to unaccept the negative potential inherent in the outcomes. That is crudely call fear for you.

In my view, fear is the state, which is right there when we don't understand the consequences of our actions. Unacceptabilty of the consequences is just the extension of it. May be, if the under prepared can accept that he would score low; he would better start preparing for exam rather than seeking the help of God.

I am not completely going to discard the process of seeking help from God, I'll tell you from my personal experience that it always helps to bask with the confidence that there is somebody to help us out when we are uncertain about the consequences. Don’t ask me to relate this to the life's trinity; thoughts/words/actions. I shall not be provoked to say that life's trinity have their consequences and there is a tendency to be unaware/unaccept the consequences.

There is another precarious hypothesis, which I was forced to think as an extension.
Ho
Does God exists and is responsible for what happens around us!!

I'll tell you the preliminary results, there is God and the scope of the definition only varies. May be, I was stranded with my limited field of outcomes.That is what makes the concept of God more interesting.




Labels: , , ,

I promise I lost it somewhere in the middle. I don't know why I read your blog for leisure, its tougher than my most other readings.

Yea i know, I always try to be simpler and end thinking this way.

I am happy that you found it harder not you can't understand what i said, just got to recollect how i started.

Sorry for eating away your leisure time.

interesting....but really i believe u can keep going arnd in circles abt the entity called God, and still not get wiser...by the way i just think that God is a personification of our faith in an external entity which is percieved to give us support...therefore to each his own ideas abt God, so long as it helps him to live and doesnt affect any other person..

May be you are simpler. Normal beings like me live in an entangled web of life, and thus cant recognize the simples patterns in life.

I know santhosh, you are one of guys who are nice to me who tolerate my crap when its unleashed.
I need to some incentive to write my blog as well.
Simple or Complex is how you look at something and If i can admit, i see things to be complex and it definitely relects in me.

@Sudarshan
I know what you are saying "Its impossible to prove the intangible".
I stand with you when you said Let people live with God when it makes their Life easier !!
I too beileve in God to make things easier

Post a Comment

World as I Think is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health