« Home | Not again !!! » | Trying to define » | When its a dead end » | Appendix to Crap » | When the herd thinks its smart » | Priorities in Life !! » | Eureka!! Eureka!! » | Real life Illusions » | Blindness 2020 » | Is God having fun? » 

Friday, October 06, 2006 

Inspired by Jackal

Last Saturday was interesting, not that i was thinking seriously about how can to quick fix all the problems persistent in this world. I was induced into investigative cognizance by this novel called "The Day of the Jackal" by Frederick Forsyth.A great story with intense thrill and infallible logic, portraying an attempt to commit homicide of the French president, by an anonymous contract assassin coded "Jackal".

Deeply convoluted in my novel stint with the Jackal, the mobile suddenly waked up and the male voice at the other end identified himself to Sriram.He was in town and wanted to know if we could catch by twilight in Spencers Plaza, which is the common hangout mall for people in Chennai. There were couple of others including Bilesh, Chandru, Dhilip & Sandeep who were expected to sway the lengths, breaths and heights of the plaza on a buzzing weekend. It was long since we meet, at least (24*7) hours had separated us from the last confluence at Rajasekar's Wedding reception, which culminated the avalanche of bondages that happened last season.

I peeped in to the mirror to adorn my freaky hairstyle, which i accept, would compete with an equally admirable porcupine contour for a nominee in the best "horry hairy" category. I had an healthy colossal of beard which took some inspiration from teddy bears. I decided to be socially acceptable this time, not that people would have a hokky pokky look at me if the status quo persisted, I just didn't want them to spare their "valuable time" intriguing my charm. I went to the saloon and salvaged some pride for Tom Cruise.

My new LG polyphonic mobile glimmered again, I heard the same male voice, which plugged into my mobile last time. Sriram apprised me; he was on his way to Spencers and would reach the gates in another 20 min. It was quite a walk able distance from my home and i expected to reach there by 10 min started after around 15 minim traversed linear and perpendicular roads that lead to Spencers, enroute i glanced at the Crowd waiting outside Sathyam Cine Mutliplex, Man, i knew it was only a preface to the Visual Carnival which i was expecting that evening.

I reached the facade of spencers phase-I and seeked the help of my mobile to ask Sriram about his whereabouts. Surprise, Surprise my mobile had been switched off and i thought i had mistakenly switched in it off. I tired giving power and it announced "Low charge and Iam switching it off". Tit for Tat, I had starved it out of power last night and it gave me a good lesson to my memory and negligence.

Boy, what do i do now?. I don't have his mobile number, Infact i can only recollect my mobile number in the entire phonebook. I sweared, how technology has infused memory handicap to me and this sad state of communication isolation. I had to go back to my home and get my mobile charge; I was not willing to do that. I got some inspiration from Jackal and wanted to be investigative, deductive and solve things when i am caught up in nomad’s land.

I thought I'll wait for another 10 min in the corridor and i had to take a call which entrance and opted for the phase one, I did this because that is where we had met about 6 months back.15 min raced, I could see no signs of Sriram or others. I decided to give a try as to whether they were waiting at the other entrance and the same result. Onething for sure they must have reached Spencers by now and got through the Phase-II entrance or everybody reached before me, entered through the Phase-I entrance and are in the mall now.

I decided to go in, now the question popped in, where do i search them in this entire huge landscape, which would have higher densities of moving population on a weekend. I had to short list a couple of common places where i can find them now and i decided to sequence it in the following order; Food world (G-Floor,P-I), Music world(Irst Floor,P-I), Landmark (P-II) and then the food court in P-III.Why this sequence ?, they were geometrically logical and all were places where we generally hang around.

Now this was not enough, i must have an idea about the five some appearances because you never know which direction they would be oriented and there is no way all the five can walk together.Sriram is lean, tall and usually wears T-shirts with lighter colors and they are usually striped, Chandru also is moderately tall and has more flesh and usually adorns plain colors, Bilesh is little short, has more flesh and mostly wears a Jean and T-Shirt, Sandeep can be identified by his scattered hairstyle from any nook or corner and he usually has the Jean combo,Dhilip is tall with a graded hair color and usually unpredictable with apparels. Everybody has a unique walking style and i need look at them as well.

I started walking towards the short listed spaces, swiveling my head all around looking out for the fivesome.I was looking for those familiar walks and colors. I was observing colors for a change, I could see people in lucid white, virile green, Marmalade orange, stringed purple, authentic black, classical yellow, stubborn gray, conventional blue and even neo pink.

I could see clusters of people entangled in various proximities and spatial tolerances. Some were breaking distance barriers and some occupying the entire lane spaces. There were jubilant juveniles in their adolescence glancing their counterparts, twined men and women who were immune to the biosphere, children in the custody of parents and self obsessed creatures as well. Simply could not resist appreciating the diversity dispersed in this topology.

I had reached the exit of Landmark by now, although I wanted myself to be amused by the "up to 60% sale”. I have not found them yet, I didn't want to loose hope, I walked rapidly to station myself in the escalator that lead to the food court. I had a quick ramble inside the food court and especially the Pizza space. I peregrinated the hallway gendering into Mittai shop, Fruit shop and Arun Ice-Cream,the result remained the same although i meandered the entire plaza once again.

I thought where any hoodoo had struck me, I could not believe my luck, and I am not going to give this up. I stood by the escalator and gave a full visual circle for a final time. I decided to be thrive on intellect rather starve on luck.

An idea struck me, I franticly searched for an Internet browsing centre. I had hope revived, I wanted to see the contact list of BIM which Arun sends us every month which had the latest contact numbers. I asked the guard about the near bouts of a browsing centre, he couldn't recognize it, I tried Internet, this keyword worked, and he pointed north.

I reached the browsing centre, logged into my mail, got the contact numbers of both Chandru and Sriram to be absolutely safe. I went back to the guard, thanked him and spelled phone booth this time. He pointed south this time, i hurried and dialed him, I said "sara pesuraendaaa".He quipped **&^*^%$ ennghada irukka ^&%^&%.He asked me to come to the exit of landmark, the same place where i inquired the guard.I went there and was welcomed by his trademark language.

Labels: , ,

Nanba,

You should have looked for the smell of frying groundnuts. With Sriram and Billu Bhai, that should defenitely lead you to them....

Post a Comment

World as I Think is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health