« Home | How about a date with disorder ? » | Suddenly I find myself » | Your Attitude Sucks! » | Freaked by Free will » | What is a degree worth? » | Newyork Nagaram » | What is Normal? » | Deception & Dissonance » | Expecting too much? » | Women & Clothing » 

Sunday, November 26, 2006 

Murphy Meets Me

We come across incidents in life for which we hardly would have given a faint chance. Once the event happens, we only combat our luck as to how we got to experience them. It must be at least four weeks now; nature had candidly remarked that I added one more year of my experience since I landed here on earth.

Oops, it is not strange that I grew older. It was bound to happen, neither was it a stray incident. It was different from my last four birthday’s atleast.The moment it struck 12, one of my close chums rang me to wish me and then another followed. I felt like a baby again, I confessed that I was younger than what most people thought and gradually gave leeway to sleep.

I was happy that nobody dare aunt kick me at places where I had least fat. The following day was a bit of surprise to me. People around me completely lost track that I had reinvented myself one more time. So many of my friends called me to wish me about the advent of light festival but their memory defied my new age.

It was the concurrent events that impressed me. I was only reminded of Murphy's Law "Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong”. To be candid, I hardly remember people's birthday except who are very close to me. I totally depend on birthday remainders. You know what, all the birthday remainders failed then.

Event1 (E1):
We always send a birthday remainder in our BIM group and it did not find my name.
Event2 (E2):
The HR our company sends birthday remainders and it did not find my name.
Event3 (E3):
The Orkut birthday remainder didn't work for those particular days.
Event4 (E4):
It turned out to be long weekend cascaded with the festive holiday.
Event5 (E5):
I have a peculiar case, my certificates show different date to my actual DOB and it confuses many people.

Now I am going to assign probability to them

P (E1) =1/100 (approx 100 people in my batch)
P (E2) =1/500 (approx 500 ppl in my company)
P (E3) =1/300 ~ (1/365 - 1 day in a year)
P (E4) =1/10 ~ (5/52 - Weekend cascaded mega festivals)
P (E5) =1/100 ~ (2/200 - I know at least 2 people who have the same kind of problem in my college)

Now the joint probability of all this happening

=P (E1)*P (E2)*P (E3)*P (E4)*P (E5)
=1/100*1/500*1/300*1/10*1/100
=1/30,000,000,000

May be that was what Murphy predicted!!

Labels: ,

Wihshing you a belated birth day.
-Swarna

Thanks a ton buddy !!!

belated birthday wishes da...
btw, when is ur birthday ?

Ppl please let us not stop with birthday wishes.. where are my gifts..
Bala FYI I was never born to celebrate my b-day!!!

Advance ('07) B'day wishes sara
-ponghal

How nice of you ?.I can never say that Murphy hit me again.I'll just credit this into account!!!.Thanks a lot buddy

BTW, what is this nick name ponghal?

WTF ;)enda murphy idulalan illukara....directah confess pannaen un bdayva yaarum gnyabagam vachillaenu....btw Belated wishes dude!!!

ay:) ayoo ayoo ... nallathuku kaalammae illa..kali kaalam aarambichiduchu..Murphy was one of the concepts that was in my mind for long..just that my bday was the victim.. Thanks mate for your wishes !!

but i need to confess i like the way you are able to "co-relate" certain topics to everyday life...:) btw when exactly was ur bday???...

Post a Comment

World as I Think is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health