« Home | What is Normal? » | Deception & Dissonance » | Expecting too much? » | Women & Clothing » | 12 reasons why people leave a comment in a blog » | Inventing God » | Inspired by Jackal » | Not again !!! » | Trying to define » | When its a dead end » 

Monday, October 30, 2006 

Newyork Nagaram

This song " New York Nagaram Urangum Neeram..." from the movie Silunu Oru Kadhal (A Cool Love) has capitivated me so much than most songs that hit the screen in the last two years.I have become a extreme devout to this divine melody that I set this song as my caller tune and would call my mobile from my land number when I feel like hearing it.

After a long time, A.R Rahman's mellifluous voice has ascended to crown this heart throbbing melody.Rahman's voice is a genre of his own.I fell a prey to voice after he sang the romanatic harmony "Iru pookal kilai melae " in the movie "Uyire".

The editing and photography is exemplary as it perfectly personifies the theme of the song.The frames are shown in scrambles which gradually collates to gratify his memory about his love.It a neat melancholy blended with subtle emotions and nostalgic happiness.I can not stop admiring Surya and Jothika who have glorified the subtle feeling factor which had crosshatched the tune.

Its out of authentic selfishess that i am posting this video in my blog,I have even tried my hand in the translation although the image is moderately legible.

Rahaman Rocks !!!










Labels: , , ,

hey tht was a nice post on one of my most fav songss....
good to know thtt lots of ppl are enjoying this gem from the maestro....Rahman rockssss
and thanks 4 those transalations..really helpful for non-tamilian Rahman fans like me

a lovely post...and i tell u what the song also had me from the first word :)...lovely song and i believe the best of the current lot of songs...but never realized rehman sang it .. he definitely has unique voice and i liked his vandemataram album a lot...

Pure bliss! Thanks for the translation! Great work!

Nanba, only one sad thing, The song was mostly not shot in NY!

Post a Comment

World as I Think is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health