« Home | Being a Bunny!! » | Women: the better gene ?? » | Deep South is where $ belongs? » | Fear of Death » | The Naked Truth » | Art of Judging » | The Orginal Sin - Israel » | Are Humans an endangered species? » | Rendezvous with Hari » | Matrix-Vedanta Reloaded?(short ver) » 

Sunday, August 13, 2006 

Bored of Boredom


Suttrum Vizhi Suddare,
(Revolving light of eyes)
Suttrum Vizhi Suddarae,
(Revolving light of eyes)
Enn Idayam Unnai Suttruthae!!"
(My heart revolves around you)

This popular tune from the movie "Ghazini" which caught the murmurs of too many people last year was a serious loveburster to the listeners. The score was enchanting, voice-mellifluous, the choreography-elegant; a complete awesome combo inspiring love.

All the Tamil music channels had this number played humpty number of times and you could bet a billion dollar on the probability of finding it in a contemporary jukebox. I am not getting into a romantic groove now, even though I want to.

It must have been atleast three weeks when I was flipping the channels in our antiquated Solidaire TV. Sun Music played "Suttrum Vizhi..” I tuned to "K TV" they played it," I changed to SS Music , they played it, I even tried DD, they played it.. I could never imagine the conditional possibility of such a cascaded event. Its not that I didn't like the song, I still love it, but I could not take the over exposure.

Now days, I have even started an anti-campaign again this song, I just got to understand how I have built a wall around myself to a stimuli which used to inspire me. It happened out of sheer monotony, I have started abstaining myself from an erstwhile positive stimuli.

Its not only this; I find this phenomenon with many things. I enjoyed my current project for the first six months and I am now struck with authentic boredom, as I am left with very little marginal learning.

When we are struck with boredom, it may mean two things, one may be that, the existing stimuli does not give a new experience to us or the stimuli gives an experience which isn't desirable. This may be because we have been exposed to an alternative stimulus which is more exciting than the current one or the current stimuli cannot be allowed to persist of various reasons.

Now, what is the way out? May be we can try different means to achieve the same purpose which may rejenuate some interest.The other way out could be to comfortably move towards a different end. I even tried this, I was literally bored traveling to my office by auto via the same route. I suddenly broke it by walking one day, I tried the bus next day, I walked and caught a bus another day, I started playing with departure/arrival times. Even that uncertainty caused monotony and i am now trying the erstwhile method.

I only understood one thing
"Its cycle and new experiences which entertain life"

Sara if you are bored of boredom try my strategy, get a guy like hari with u, meet some XYZ girl and simply hold her hand and say congrats (even she doesnt know the reason) or tell the girl her eyes are good (never care how she actually looks like). Now hari will talk talk talk abt what u did to every one he meets and will drive ur boredom away!!!! chandru

Chandru naanum ready da eppadiyavathu oru poona enn kannula kaatuda!!

Imagine the consequences of you being married! How long do you think before boredom sets in?

May be that when creativity helps..May be sex would loose interest as days pass by.. but the joy of understanding somebody is uncomparable!!

Post a Comment

World as I Think is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health