« Home | Trigger for A Post » | Mind Your Language ! » | I seeee I C everywhereee » | Mediocrities everywhere... I absolve you » | Can You Invest in Gold ? » | The market and the Sadist in me » | The inheritance of nuisance. » | Black Swaned » | The Argument Lab » | Itz a question of faith? » 

Friday, February 13, 2009 

Another Tamil Hypocrisy!

Now, I got an opinion, Not that I am forced to, not even for the heck of it!
I am getting bored by this stance of human plight!

If you are asking me, if it’s wrong to get people killed in the name of race, caste, religion and innumerable distinctions this human race has created. YESSSSSS! My heart has equally wept for those souls. I don't do it just for Tamil-Lankans, I feel the same for Kashmiris, Bosnians, Shias or even Americans. Nothing to do with the Dravidian race just because I incidentally bred from them!

If you ask me on personal level, I would want such people who kill others in the name of identities to be scorched and smeared to death, but I am going to be more practical and align myself with the behavior outcomes of animals and their affliction to territory!

I belong to the camp that we are all animals and survival is the almost core principle of life!

Territory refers to any socio-graphical area that an animal of a particular species consistently defends against conspecifics (and, occasionally, animals of other species).

Behavioral ecologists have argued that food distribution determines whether a species will be territorial or not. Territoriality will emerge where there is a focused resource that provides enough for the individual or group, within a boundary that is small enough to be defended without the expenditure of too much effort.

In English, this means that I would not share my territory unless my resource needs are full filled or secured not only for this generation but also for the future to come! It is not about just food, we would not share power or any other resource with a non- identical group. What applies to Tamils in this context also applies to caste based identity and even family based identities.

There is no amicable egalitarian solution to this animal problem unless amnesia inflicts the Lankan brain. A cease fire is only a process of creating a bigger bang in the making! The non-identical group needs to accept that the land belonged to the incumbent powerful group before it was infiltrated by the former and try to live a second tier life or make a least resistance shift to a territory where it has enough sustenance!

I am not willing to buy the argument that we are evolved apes with six senses and need to be more humanitarian. I am sorry, I have never seen anybody who has reduced the greed and accepted to live a life which is less sophisticated. Neither have I seen any body who has given more emphasis to the non-identical group (read non-family and non-friends) than their identical group. I have not seen anybody who share an apartment with a complete stranger or given away the resources to a non-identical group when their group is at abyss!

By the way, I just thought of the 30% of India who are below the poverty line and living a slow death and we damn a care about them when we accumulate resources for our family. May be, our senses are attracted when it fast and sensual just like our masala movies.

Do I hear you right? HYPOCRISY. I am one tooooooooo!

Labels:

Dude.... Thats the worst piece of rationalizing that I've ever read....... Dude.... are you serious? I'm sick and tired of the so called "Rationalists" who think that by equating Human behavior with random observances of animal behavior, they can explain away the horrors committed. Different animals exhibit different behaviors. Man, with his ability to think and judge, should be able to conceive of a right and wrong. You seem to imply that the conflict in Sri Lanka and Bosnia was in someway connected with the scarcity of resources..... which is Fresh Tripe....... Its a clear case of fear mongering and hate politics(See Germany 1932 or Africa ). This is basic contempt of another person's life. By rationalizing this you are only legitimizing it!

Hari, I totally agree with you that it is not rational in the moral sense. I certainly feel that we are not rational, atleast i have not seen anyone in actionable sense who is moral in the "real sense".That is why i am not unable to buy the argument.All i can see is greed to survive at different levels of maslow's hierarchy.If the build up of the micro structure is such, i don't see anything different outcome at the macro level as a group.That is the precise reason why we see wars now and then at any scale of time ,back into history as we know.I feel it is the basic instinct to survive which augments the power struggle in the system, war and other identity conflicts are just the manifestations.I certainly feel that politics of survival as a nation(group) thrives on economics(resources) with power as the channel.

I know National Geography has influenced me too much but that is how the jungle works.The resource struggle incessantly persists, you fight else you are extinct!

Neither do i want people Dead!Mathalus lives!

Well I wouldn't say that I understand all the research and rationalisation behind the human behaviours..I mean in the sense that am not too much educated abt all that paperwork but still the fact that people kill people is still shocking for me, whatever the reason behind it..
Yes you are right we all are hypocrites.. doing nothing yet talking abt everything..guess we are the harmless hypocrites in that sense :)

Ennada , Have you disappeared out of this world? I am kinda expecting another post from you on teh disspaerance of Prabhakran on your blog :)

BTW, I think a lot of blogs listed are not there any more..

Just check them.. and get that updated..

Hate politics it is....Why does it work? Generation after generation, civilization after civilization fear and hate can be the best source of power to people smart enough to read mass human emotion. And nothing can be more compelling than an easier survival for oneself, ones family, one's sect, one's religion or race. When we have a common threat, thats when humanity will be at its best. Otherwise it keeps fragmenting into the most microscopic politics of differentiation.

In the long stream of passed-on history the Sinhalese think that the Tamils are only a thousand years old in their island. That makes the tamils the migrators and the sinhalese the original 'owners'. Doesn't a hindu think that India belongs to him, who are the muslims to tear away Pakistan? Or doesnt the dravidian feel the same way about aryans. Some justification. Some claim to belongingness. Anything for 'mine'.

Self preservation.Survival.

Ofcourse the solution is not silent rancor from the tamils. Who knows where that will land up? Their diaspora can be spread out....but where is their home? Tamilnadu(or india) is not their home. They are more alien here than say malaysia.

Two state theory is the only way. Small enough for the sinhales to feel win win, and large enough to simply house the tamil population will spew the diaspora aid enough to spell hope.

But then two state theory also doesnt really work....the israili's are still thinking about it.....after the split too india has'nt recovered.

Guess we can only rationalize about it from a distance. Give our opinions. Hypocracy aside and pseudo intelectualism apart we can lend a helping hand. Not a great act of godliness, just the 'human' intervention.

Post a Comment

World as I Think is powered by Blogspot and Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health